Standard Superintendent Company Limited employs and maintains manpower resources at a level sufficient to handle operations at any operational locations nationwide. SSCL employs and maintains a staff strength that ensures that each end of any custody transfer operation is attended to by at least one inspector. SSCL employs field personnel with relevant professional experience. As a matter of Company Policy, SSCL does not engage or use casual workers to attend to her clients Superintendence jobs, given the enormity and criticality of the issues at stake in the transactions.
As the Corona Virus pandemic continues to ravage economies with consequential effects on businesses, there are concerted global efforts to contain the Virus and flatten the curve. Nations are also putting in place strategies to commence economic activities.
STANDARD SUPERINTENDENT COMPANY LTD, has developed this Guideline potentially to take general precautions. This Guideline is aimed at assisting all staff to take precautionary measures to prevent the contamination of our workplace.
As we resume business activities daily due to the nature of our business during the pandemic, it is expected that our work environment is free from all hazards that could expedite the spread of the Virus. The following actions have been taken on our part:
• Fumigation of entire office area.
• Cleaning of all surfaces, work-tools, general areas (Reception, car parks, rest rooms, etc.).
• Establishment of hand-wash/disinfecting area for visitors, clients and vendors.
• Infra-red Thermometer for body temperature check of all staff and visitors.
• HR Policies has been reviewed to accommodate the new normal life as follows:
WORK RESUMPTION PROTOCOLS
• HR/Admin communicates new/reviewed policies to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace in simple and unambiguous manner. Follow-up to ensure that the Policies are understood by employees.
• Increase communication to staff and customers about COVID-19 and measures you are taking for prevention via WhatsApp, Online meeting discussion, Weekly email reminder etc.
• Post signs asking ill clients or customers to stay away from the workplace.
• Post signs encouraging good respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene, and other healthy practices.
Social Distancing Policy
• Evaluate the workplace for areas where people have frequent contact with each other and objects. Ensure increase in frequency of cleaning in these areas.
• Employees should practice social distancing, such as increased work- station spacing.
• Minimize interactions between customers and employees, such as limiting the number of customers permitted in our establishment or serving customers over the phone. Social distancing as advised by WHO should be maintained, unless there is a physical barrier. Special attention should be given to our Reception area and other areas with high visitors’ traffic.
• We encourage collaboration via phone, intercom, WhatsApp and other online medium.
• Provision of necessary facilities and cleaning products to maintain a clean and safe workplace
• Provision of access to hand-washing facilities and hand sanitizers in prominent locations throughout the workplace.
WORK RESUMPTION PROTOCOLS
• We ensure that high traffic work areas or frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected more often. Ensure that cleaning supplies are available for employees to clean and disinfect their workspaces.
• Provide employees with necessary personal protective equipment recommended by Government guidelines and training to ensure it is used correctly. Non usage should attract strict penalties.
• We ensure everyone entering into our office premises or the workplace has a face mask on.
Employee Commuting, Sick Leave and Reporting Procedures
• Sick leave policies have been relaxed with immediate report of any form of symptom noticed by employees within our work premises.
• For employees that utilize public transportation to work, considerable flexible hours are allowed to avoid peak travel periods.
• We encourage co-commuting among employees with cars and those without.
• We proactively prepared for increase in absenteeism due to illness among employees and their families.
• We established a channel for employees to report self or other colleagues showing symptoms of illness through NCDC Connect Centre.
Toll Free No: 0800 9700 0010;
Whatsapp: +234 708 711 0839;
SMS Number: +234 809 955 5577;
Call: +234 703 670 8970.
COMMUNICATION TO EMPLOYEES
• All employees should ensure they understand and comply with this management policy
• Keep your environment clean
• Use appropriate disinfectants to clean items like desks, work surface, phones, keyboards and electronics, cash registers and keypads more often, especially when visibly dirty.
• Keep your Physical distance
• Keep a distance of at least 2 metres between you, your coworkers, and customers.
• Reduce activities that require close physical proximity or contact with people, such as team meetings, etc.
• Limit contacts closer than 2 metres to the shortest time possible.
• Avoid visiting crowded areas and public gatherings.
All Contractors, Vendors and Customers must comply with our COVID-19 policy.
If you have a symptom of COVID-19
• If you think you might have COVID-19, strictly follow your office Protocol.
• It is critical that if you have one symptom of COVID-19 (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), or even mild symptoms, you should stay home to avoid spreading illness to others.
• If you develop even mild symptoms while at your workplace, separate yourself from others and go home, avoiding use of public transport (e.g. buses, taxi, etc.) if possible.
• Contact the HR or NCDC and follow their advice.
We wish you all the best